Admissions Packet Letter
Admissions Packet 2013-2014
CSTP 2013-2014 Forms
St. Mark Tuition
We believe that parents are the primary role models and teachers of the Catholic faith for their children. A Catholic education in our school is an extension of that faith formation and a valuable way to nurture Catholic values.
Tuition costs involve a level of sacrifice for many of our families and, as we strive to continue our academic excellence, we remain committed to keeping tuition costs as affordable as possible for our families.
Tuition information is available by calling the Parish Office at 226-7577 ext. 13.
We believe that St. Mark School can make a difference in your child's life and in our world.
Admission Policy & Procedures
Admission and Readmission
St. Mark School is a Catholic elementary school intended to provide quality Catholic education to children of families who are registered and active members of St. Mark Parish. Non-active members and non-parishioners will be considered for admission if space and financial consideration permit. Applications for St. Mark School will be considered on the basis of the following guidelines:
Students will be considered for admission to St. Mark School on a yearly basis on the basis of academic ability, conduct and moral character according to the following priorities:
- The family is registered in the Parish.
- Attendance at Mass on weekends, reception of the Sacraments, participation in the sacramental preparation of the children in Grades 2 and 8 and living out the faith and gospel values is required. Active practice of the faith will be determined by use of the weekly Offertory envelopes and volunteerism.
- Continued enrollment in our School will be based on academic effort, conduct and moral character of the student.
- The family must, according to its ability, financially support the Parish. This includes weekly Offertory contributions with use of the Sunday envelopes, prompt payment of the registration fee, payment of tuition and participation in Market Day, and other fundraisers.
- Since the School is a mission of the Parish, School families are expected to participate in Parish organizations, ministries, or as School volunteers. Active parishioners support the Parish and School by sharing their time, talent, and treasure for building the Kingdom of God.
- Registered parishioners living within the Parish boundaries will be given first consideration. For parishioners living outside of the Parish boundaries, proximity to the geographic boundaries will be a consideration because the vitality of the Parish is directly related to the neighborhood. For those outside the Parish boundaries, siblings of current students will not necessarily be guaranteed admission.
- Pastoral considerations will be given to individual cases.
Admission of Non-Parishioners
- Parents pay the full cost of educating the child.
- Families are required to accept and work within the School philosophy.
- Admission in this category can only be considered if class size permits.
Cleveland Scholarship and Tutoring Program (VOUCHERS)
Upon acceptance and admission, newly registered families at St. Mark School must provide the Parish Office with a copy of their acceptance letter from Cleveland Scholarship and Tutoring Program (CSTP).